A judge is an official who presides over a court. The powers, functions, method of appointment, discipline, and training of judges vary widely across different jurisdictions. In Lovia, there is one type of judge, the Supreme Court Judge, described in the Constitution.
Supreme Court Judges[edit | edit source]
The Supreme Court Judge (or Federal Judge) presides over the Supreme Court. Since the abolition of State Courts a good knowledge of all three laws is required, but the Supreme Court Judge's knowledge of the Constitution and Federal Law needs to be near perfect. The character of Judges is important as well and it is often considered vital that candidates are able to be impartial to any and all cases that come before them.
The Court currently has three vacant seats, expected to be filled soon.
|Name||Nom. By||Congress. Vote||Date of Appt.||Age at Appt.||Length of Serv.||Prior Occup.|
State Judges[edit | edit source]
Titles[edit | edit source]
Appointment[edit | edit source]
When a position on the Court becomes vacant or a Judge announces their resignation the Prime Minister must nominates a candidate to Congress within the next 30 days. After this the candidate requires the support of twenty-five Congresspersons before the nomination can be put to a vote. When the nomination is voted upon it requires a simple majority for the nominee to become a Supreme Court Judge.
Judges can die in office, resign from their position or can also be dismissed with a special majority.
List of Judges[edit | edit source]
- Yuri Medvedev - Supreme Court Judge - from April 16, 2008 to February 9, 2010 (resigned to pursue position as Prime Minister)
- Arthur Jefferson - Supreme Court Judge - from February 9, 2010 to November 22, 2011 (resigned due to lack of activity)
- Vacant - Supreme Court Judge - from November 22, 2011 to May 11, 2012 (new Supreme Court judges elected)
- Lars Washington, Rico Wasabi, and John Paul Hrádske - Supreme Court Judges - from May 11, 2012 to March 1, 2013 (new Supreme Court judges elected)
- Kevin Madison, Arthur Ismagiloff, and Samantha Brown - Supreme Court Judges - from March 1, 2013 to present